Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ode to Robin



Despite all of the samples listed above, I actually have the world's best Mother In Law.  Robin has always been so kind to me and I have learned a lot from her.  Even though I know she doesn't judge, I want to show her my best when she comes to our house.  She came up to Grand Forks last week with two of her close friends, Sharon and Colleen.  They were coming to bring Grandma Lee's ashes to Grafton to be laid to rest with her husband.  All three women are extremely cool and I admire all of them very much.  So it was with great bravery that I invited them for dinner.

Cat and I had watched an episode of Ten Dollar Dinners with Melissa d'Arabian the week before, and were planning on making the recipes we learned, so I thought it would be perfect to show off a little.

I made Caprese Tartlets, Parmesan-Crusted Pork Loin Cutlets and Garlic oil Sautéed Pasta with Broccoli.  Everything turned out really well, and the Caprese Tartlets were topped with fresh basil from my garden.  There some small snafus, I didn't have any napkins in the house, so had to use kleenex and Dan threw away half of the fresh mozzarella when he was trying to help in the kitchen!  It was a meal that was really enjoyable with guests around the table, and they even helped clean up afterward!

We had frozen most of the raspberries that we picked and I used some of those to make a Raspberry Cream Pie for dessert.  Using fresh home made whipped cream really put this dessert over the top.

Aren't you all hungry yet!

That evening was a lot of fun visiting with these ladies and it was so nice to entertain in our new place.  I am so thankful that my husband has such a wonderful mother, my son has a cool grandma and that I have a friend in her.

1 comment:

  1. The dinner was perfect in every way...
    the house is adorable in every way...
    the baby is amazing in every way...
    the parents are beyond perfect in every way...
    the "nanny" is exceptional in every way...
    Thank you, Jennifer...YOU'RE THE BEST
    WE ARE BLESSED BY HAVING YOU IN OUR FAMILY

    ReplyDelete