Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bread and Eggs

This week has been off to a good start, despite a sore throat I am dealing with.  On Monday, Baby Daniel and I drove out to Larimore to pick up some eggs.  My friend Anna introduced me to a lady in her church who raises chickens.  We got to see the flock and she also showed us the baby chicks.  Daniel got to pet one and it was so cute!  Then I spent a really nice evening with Anna and her sister just talking and playing with the baby.

On Tuesday, I still feel pretty bad, but thanks to the habits that Flylady is teaching me, I still managed to get through most of my morning routine.  Honestly, if I didn't get dressed, make the bed, start the laundry and wipe down the bathroom, I would actually feel worse.

Daniel took a nice long nap in the middle of the day, so I finally tackled bread making.  I stole borrowed my mom's bread mixer that I used growing up.  (I even sold extra bread to our neighbors when I was 11) Thankfully, we had found the original recipe for whole wheat bread, and as I made it, the steps came back to me.  Our recipe uses honey as the sweetener, and I found local ND honey at our local co-op.

Dinner was a new recipe, Peanut Butter Noodles.  It sounds crazy, but this was the first Asian inspired meal that I have made from scratch.  We both really liked it and I will make it again.

2 comments: