Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Box has Landed

Sooo, anyone who has spoken with me recently has heard that we signed up for a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) farm.  Red Goose Gardens delivered the first boxes of the season to my local co-op.

We got a huge bag of mixed lettuce greens, a large head of green lettuce, a large bunch of spinach, a container of tiny strawberries, and a jar of apple raspberry butter preserves!

So last night for dinner, I made a casserole and to go with it, a Chive-Mushroom Spinach Salad.  We have chives in the back yard so that worked well with the fresh spinach.  Then for dessert (don't hate me), all natural vanilla ice cream, sliced strawberries, whipped cream, angel food cake and chocolate syrup.  And just think of it, we get a new box of produce every week until late October!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy, I forgot to sign-up this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I love that you are getting all these fresh vegetables and fruit. I am sooo impressed with what an EXTREME wife and mother you are....YOU'RE THE BEST!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete