Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sparkly!

Boy, summer is just flying by!  Up here in North Dakota, it took a little while to get started, and we only just got into the high 90's this last week.  My garden really enjoyed the rain and now the sun, and I have harvested my lettuce mix and some of my basil. 

I have been working to keep flying with FlyLady, but it has been a challenge.   She really disproves of being mean to yourself, so I just wake up every day and tell myself to get one thing done at a time and let the day before go.  However, my sink has remained clean almost every night, and our bed is getting made most of the time.  I even got the vacuum out this week! (and used it)

We have used up all of the greens from our produce box, and our salad dinner on Monday night was awesome!  Mixed lettuce leafs, roasted chicken strips, dried cranberries, feta cheese, sunflower seeds and a Basil Vinaigrette Dressing.  It was so much better than I ever knew salad could be!

On Monday, Catherine and I took the baby out to buy fireworks.  Confession: I have never set off any fireworks in my life, including sparklers.  I know, I was deprived!  We mostly got sparklers, and some small noise makers and set them off after the baby had gone to bed.  I was not ready for him to try and eat a sparkler yet.

I don't know where the time is going, but I am making sure that we enjoy as much of it as we can.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy fly lady.. once you get your house clean in baby steps... you can keep if clean in baby steps.. sound like you had a nice 4th.

    ReplyDelete