Thursday, January 13, 2011

School!

School is Cool.  OK, not really, but its not nearly as bad as I was afraid it would be.  I am taking 12 credits at Northland Community College and Baby Daniel is going to daycare for the first time while I am at class.

I am taking dummy math on Mondays and Wednesdays (seriously, we learned how to count with whole numbers and use the greater and less than signs on the first day).  This is what I get for failing the math assessment test by not remembering how to handle fractions and percentages without a calculator.   But the teacher is nice and the other students participate enthusiastically in class.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are the busy days, with three history classes in a row with the same teacher.  First Minorities in the US, followed with a 20 minute break, then US History II (after the Civil War through the 70s).  After that class there is a 2 hour break, and then I finish the day with Minnesota History.  The teacher for these classes is pretty old school, using overheads and sporting a mustache, but he likes his subject and has a sense of humor.

While I am slaving away over books, Daniel is whooping it up with other little boys.  We found a great in-home daycare provider.  She is Grandma Jewel, and a veteran with kids.  I know her daughter's family from our last church, and the two little boys he is with are the sons of a woman I know in Stamp Club.  She makes homemade lunches and feeds them healthy foods. 

So far, Daniel cries pretty hard when I leave, but is fine once I am out the door.  She has lots of boy toys to play with, and he is having fun getting out of the house for a few hours.

All in all, I really feel positive about this change, and I am exited to be heading towards a degree that I can feel good about.

1 comment:

  1. Vitamin C
    Sleep
    Vitamin C
    Laugh
    Vitamin C
    Eat Good Food
    Vitamin C
    Have fun with this...You're to BEST
    Vitamin C
    Have Fun with this...Don't get Stressed
    Take A Nap
    I love you to pieces...You're the BEST

    ReplyDelete