Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cerebral Palsy Awareness Day

Those that know me know that I read a lot of "mommy" blogs. I have always enjoyed learning about other families and the personal triumphs and tragedies of other women.

I find that my horizons have really been expanded, and that I have gained new compassion for situations that others face. Even if I have never been personally impacted by an issue, I may be someday in the future, and I will need the compassion and support of others.

A new blog I follow, Lipz Unzipped, had a recent post talking about Cerebral Palsy Awareness Day. As a new mother, this has struck home. This mom is just as in love with her daughter as I am with my son.

Baby Daniel has his first stomach bug, and he spent Friday throwing up most of the milk we gave him. Our hearts are broken just watching him feel so bad, so I can't even imaging what moms go through when their child will face an uphill battle for their whole life.

Please remember these strong women that fight for their children every day.

(Thank you to Flagguys for their picture)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your post! so glad you came across my blog. I'm going to read your archives so I can get to "know" you too!

    ReplyDelete